Hi everyone! I apologize for the long absence but I have the sweetest excuse in the world for it. A week ago Lara became a big sister and we became parents to a beautiful baby boy named Lev. It’s a little hard to explain just how happy and blessed I am feeling right now to have this little family of mine but let’s just say it’s absolutely amazing.
Little boy we love you so, so very much!
Boy, do I have a special treat for you today. It goes by the name LilyEmme and features the most stunning jewelry that will make you fall in love in an instant. I know I did…
Designed and hand made in Seattle by Valerie, LilyEmme jewelry is inspired by a modern aesthetic that feels incredibly fresh, elegant and simple all at the same time. They are pieces you will cherish and wear forever. And since they’re all made from 100% recycled metals you can rest assured you’re wearing something that was created with thought and care. What could be better?
You can choose from a variety of gorgeous gold or rose gold stacking rings that will be the perfect complement to your other jewelry (my favorite is this twisted 14K gold band) or go for something a little more powerful like this dark pink sapphire ring, which I’ve been kind of obsessing over ever since I first laid my eyes on it. I probably shouldn’t even get started on the personalized necklaces because we all know how strongly I feel about those but here it is anyway… They are so, so lovely! And since I just recently got my ears pierced again, I wouldn’t mind a pair of these gold domed disc studs either (hint, boyfriend, hint).
And last but not least, for the modern bride, LilyEmme features beautiful wedding jewelry, from his & hers wedding sets, to incredibly unique engagement rings. I don’t know about you but lately I’ve been really leaning towards a more personal approach to wedding jewelry. Something a little more customized, a little different and most definitely totally unique. Just as your wedding ring or engagement ring should be! Of course rest assured that all the diamonds from LilyEmme are conflict free and sourced from small mines in Russia, Africa and Canada. The same goes for the colored gemstones.
LilyEmme is offering Style Lemon readers a 10% discount valid through June 30th on all products. Just use the code LEMON at checkout!
The weekend is almost here and I couldn’t be happier. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m in the final stages of this “bump” ride or if it’s the feeling of hot summer days ahead but I’ve been feeling a little more tired and sluggish lately. I’d die for a nice long afternoon nap (that I could potentially stretch out into actual sleeping once the evening rolls around). I mean whatever happened to those anyways?
We’ve got another long weekend ahead of us (you’ve got to hand it to the French, they take their holidays seriously) and I’m planning on taking my little peanut to the beach and catch some sun and maybe, just maybe, the water won’t be too freezing and we’ll be able to frolic around a little bit. In the meantime I’ll be working on holding the other little one in until daddy gets back! Did you hear that baby? No rush here…
I thought I’d also share some link love since I haven’t done that in forever…
- Star Wars fans rejoice. Star Wars X Vans is here for the taking. How do I convince Vid that our entire family needs these?
- My uber talented little sis and her equally talented boyfriend teamed up for this amazing video. Have you checked out her blog yet? The raw goodies there are TO DIE FOR!
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Even though it seems there’s a heat wave coming our way, I’m still crushing on a great pair of sweats to lounge around in. Also what does a girl have to do to get a pair of black Arizona Birkenstocks around here? Is everyone just really out of stock?
- Maya Angelou’s letter to her younger self.
- I’m planning on reading this book over the weekend! Considering everyone has been absolutely gushing about it, I’m not sure what’s taken me so long.
Any fun plans for the weekend?
image via here
OK, so this post should probably be titled “The Lazy Pregnant Girl’s Beauty Routine” but I have a sneaky suspicion this is the routine I’ll be rocking all summer long so we’ll just omit the pregnant part.
I probably don’t need to elaborate on the title any further but I can definitely tell you that over the past couple of months my beauty routine has been truly kept to a bare minimum (not that I enlisted a glam squad before that either). And lately that minimum has been minimized even more, mostly because 1. I am too lazy to put make up on in the morning (I prefer hitting the snooze button and projecting a bad morning routine onto Lara) and 2. I am too lazy to take my make up off at night (this is usually because I am delirious with exhaustion by the time I manage to get into bed). So, it’s come down to my BB Cream, some illuminating powder, concealer, lip gloss and perfume. And mascara, if I can remember to put some in my bag and put it on in my car on the parking lot after I drop Lara off to school.
Anyhow, the point is during this minimalistic process I have come to discover a few new beauty products that have been true life savers and pretty much everything you need if you’re looking to cut your morning bathroom/mirror time to let’s say 3 minutes and 43 seconds.
- Benefit’s Fake Up – the BEST, and I mean THE BEST concealer I’ve ever used. And I’ve used many, because trust me, my dark circles require it badly. I think the best part about Fake up is its hydrating element because it doesn’t crease the concealer nor does it dry up and get cakey later in the day. It comes in three shades, I used the light one even though I have medium skin just because I really wanted it to brighten up my whole eye area since I haven’t been using anything else on my eyes lately.
- Laura Mercier Illuminating Baked Powder – I’ve had this since last summer and it’s my absolute essential. With this no other foundation is needed for a quick and easy put together look. Of course it doesn’t cover as full on make up would but I think in combination with a good tinted BB Cream, it’s all you need for the summer ahead.
- Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss – I just got this for my birthday and I’m already obsessed. Lip gloss usually dries my lips out but not this one. It’s super moisturising, it goes on really nicely, lasts a long time and doesn’t stick. Plus my sister in law chose the most amazing shade: 51 INSOUCIANCE.
- La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain – Vid brought me this from a recent trip and I love it. I’ve been a bit iffy with fragrances during this pregnancy, my usual perfumes just didn’t smell right to me but this one is absolutely perfect.
- Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion – I got this a few months ago and have been using it religiously once a week to give my skin a bit of a boost and get rid of any flakiness, dirt, and clogged pores. It takes about 30 seconds and does wonders. I’ve never been much of an exfoliator before but this literally changed my whole skin routine.
And that’s that. Like I said, 3 minutes and 43 seconds tops!
I may be a bit late boarding this train (like a few months late) but we’ll just go on and blame this one on pregnant/baby brain, OK?
Sooooo, the train! Have you seen the collection Garance Doré did for Rifle Paper Co.? If you haven’t yet, I suggest you hop on right over then and get your fill of gorgeous cards, stationery, desk pads, calendars and iPhone covers. The capsule collection is super stylish and elegant, which can only be expected from Garance Doré of course and I have to admit I’m having some serious trouble pacing myself as I fill up my cart with pretty much every item from the collection.
About Style Lemon
Hi there and welcome to Style Lemon! My virtual universe of all the daily little bits and pieces that inspire me. From fashion and beauty trends to cooking and travel. From stuff for the little ones to reading for the big ones. When life gives you lemons… More
The Latest On Instagram
Style Lemon loves...
- A Beautiful Mess
- A Cup of Jo
- Baby Jungle
- Cheetah Is The New Black
- garance doré
- Honestly WTF
- Oh Happy Day
- Oh Joy
- Paris Lemon
- Refinery 29
- Rockstar Diaries
- Salt & Nectar
- Sincerely, Jules
- Sous Style
- Suri's Burn Book
- The Blonde Salad
- The Daybook
- The Man Repeller
- The Pioneer Woman
- Vanity Fair Tumblr
- What I I Like In Life
- What I Wore
- Who What Wear