In the midst of the holiday shopping frenzy in which I have found myself over the course of the past couple of weeks, I signed up for Botticca, which is essentially a market place for top independent jewelry designers (I don’t think I need to reiterate my love for jewelry here) and it has some pretty sweet deals on occasion during which you can score some fantastic pieces.
As expected Botticca was pretty awesome and while I was looking for a little Christmas gift inspiration one thing led to another and before I knew it I stumbled upon Vivien Frank Designs and became a proud owner of the sweetest, most delicate personalized necklace. Admittedly I was a bit skeptic of how it was going to turn out as I patiently waited for it to arrive, but once I opened the tiny little package it was love at first sight. The last time my heart skipped a beat like that was when I opened my personalized Silver Promo rings.
I’ve wanted a personalized initial necklace for so long and I’ve featured many, many beautiful ones on here before but I just never got around to ordering one for myself. I don’t know if it was the holiday spirit or whatever but I’m so happy I finally got around to doing it. Mine looks like this.
Have I mentioned this makes for an awesome present? You probably picked up on that already
P.S A gift guide for the man in your life will be up tomorrow!
1.Kate Spade iPhone 5/5S Cover 2. Kiehls Soy Milk and Honey Body Butter 3. Kevia Chevron Earrings 4. . Kevia Ring 5. Clare Vivier Star Print Foldable Pouch 6. Kate Spade New York Gramercy 7. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette 8. Sincerely Jules I Heart NY Tee 9. Anthropologie Limited Edition Monogram Mugs 10. Cowshed Juniper Berry Detoxifying Cream
I have no clue why everything in this gift guide took on a sparkly golden note but as I was selecting it, it seemed very glam gal appropriate. I got the Kiehls body butter on here as a gift myself a little while ago and let me tell you, that stuff is ahhhmazing. Of course, you can never go wrong with a sparkly iPhone cover, a little fun cocktail jewelry or a classic monogram mug with a twist.
Urban Decay’s Naked 2 eye shadow palette is every glam girl’s absolute must have and while I don’t necessarily consider myself particularly glamorous (at all!), I just got it as a little December treat for myself and I’m in love with the wide range of neutrals that can easily take your make up from day time to night time.
Oh, and that Clare Vivier pouch is just a dream! I would sure love for Santa to bring me one (hinting and winking until I’m practically squinting:-)).
When I was pregnant with Lara, I was utterly clueless when it comes to maternity wear. I refused to buy much because of God knows what reason and so by the time I gave birth I owned all but one pair of maternity jeans and two maternity shirts. Not that buying maternity wear is absolutely necessary but admittedly walking around with unbuttoned jeans get very uncomfortable once you’ve hit the 7th month mark (at least that’s when I officially hit shelf/whale status). Instead, I just relied on leggings towards the end of my pregnancy, which was fine I suppose but it would have been nice to dress it up every once in a while too.
I have no clue why it didn’t occur to me to just focus on getting a few pieces that would work during my pregnancy and after it. I mean the oversized shirt and sweater look is kind of what I live by so truthfully I have no clue what I was thinking. I probably wasn’t because, hey I was pregnant and pregnancy brain is sort of something I totally excelled at.
Also, at the time there was no émoi émoi yet because if there was, this maternity concept store would have been an ABSOLUTE pregnancy life saver. Created by Adèle Bounine and Nathalie Fargeon in April 2010 (that’s when Lara was born folks!) it’s THE go-to destination for everything pregnancy related. Émoi émoi features gorgeous maternity wear, tons of natural beauty products and anything else you might need for when the time comes like diaper bags, baby slings and nursing fashion.
Basically, it’s a pretty spectacular place for a mama to be.
Émoi émoi is based in France but they ship internationally to 40 countries.
Just a quick post showing you the advent calendar I did for Lara. As I mentioned yesterday, I got inspired by this one from A Beautiful Mess but I made ours much less elaborate. I thought it was going to be tough finding stuff to fill 24 packages with but I actually did just fine. I picked up a regular cardboard calendar with chocolates and used those, as well as party favors like balloons, party games, and keychains.
Lara also loves to draw and color and we go through a lot of markers on a regular basis. So for the calendar I bought a package of special glitter washable markers and wrapped them individually for different days. On some days I just wrapped up a little chocolate from the regular advent calendar. For the four Sundays leading up to Christmas I used a slightly bigger “present” with a Kinder Surprise egg and a little extra like a children’s lipstick, a bracelet, a little ring, and a kiddie nail polish. Because we’re all about glamming it up right now!
I wanted to make the month of December a little more special but admittedly I kept going back and forth on the fact that a little something each day might be a bit much. But I compromised by splitting up the little gifts and trinkets individually and the whole special part is basically the fact that they’re wrapped up as a surprise. If doing a daily surprise isn’t your thing but you still want to do something different, my friend Åsa choose to do only four packages for each advent Sunday but made them a little bigger. And they’re super gorgeous too!
I think we’ll actually make this into a little December tradition! Also just as a little tip, I think little gift pouches like the ones on ABM are a lot simpler. Wrapping up 24 teeny tiny packages was no quick and easy feat (as you can probably tell from their expert wrapping, yikes!).
P.S. None of my special glitter markers worked on the shiny paper so I had to use this really ugly black permanent one. Note to self: be more prepared next year.
- “The Honest Life” by Jessica Alba and/or “The Signature of All Things” by Elizabeth Gilbert – I loved Jessica Alba’s The Honest Life because it’s full of super practical and affordable tips on how to make your life more honest a.k.a more natural and therefore healthier. The Signature of All Things is Elizabeth Gilbert’s (of Eat, Pray, Love fame) latest novel. Set in the 1800’s it tells a story of a heroine who is passionate about botany and eager to claim her place among scientists and explorers with her theories of evolution. The book got incredible reviews!
- Aden+ Anais Latticework Bamboo Daydream Blanket – I mean it it’s Aden + Anais. Need I say more?
- This hand printed cuff bracelet from Thief & Bandit is bound to be a hit with any green goddess. And I say this from personal experience
- I rave about 100% Pure nonstop and that includes this cheek & lip tint. With many different shades to choose from and absolutely zero bad stuff in it, this will be appreciated by all organic glam ladies.
- Growbottle. This stuff is genius! Grow your herbs indoors with this repurposed wine bottle that sets the perfect conditions for hydroponic herb-growing. You can choose between organic basil, chive, mint, parsley or oregano (or get all of these).
- A luxury candle from Neom Organics. An organic scented candle is always a good way to go when looking for a present for your green goddess friend. And this Christmas Wish scent is just what Santa ordered. Who doesn’t love to relax with a good book or a nice bubble bath and a dreamy candle? That’s what I thought!
- Baggu Monogram Dipped Tote. I love me a good tote bag and this one is that much more special because of the monogram options that make it a truly thoughtful and personalized gift.
About Style Lemon
Hi there and welcome to Style Lemon! My virtual universe of all the daily little bits and pieces that inspire me. From fashion and beauty trends to cooking and travel. From stuff for the little ones to reading for the big ones. When life gives you lemons… More
The Latest On Instagram
Shop My Current Favorites
Style Lemon loves...
- A Beautiful Mess
- A Cup of Jo
- Baby Jungle
- Cheetah Is The New Black
- garance doré
- Honestly WTF
- Oh Happy Day
- Oh Joy
- Paris Lemon
- Refinery 29
- Rockstar Diaries
- Salt & Nectar
- Sincerely, Jules
- Sous Style
- Suri's Burn Book
- The Blonde Salad
- The Daybook
- The Man Repeller
- The Pioneer Woman
- Vanity Fair Tumblr
- What I I Like In Life
- What I Wore
- Who What Wear