If you’re like me, you’re probably really, really excited that December is finally here and you can officially start thinking all things Christmas.
Maybe if you’re like me, you even thought today was December 1st and you actually made your kids open their advent calendar treats, only to find out a few hours later, when your oldest came back from school, that in fact we’re still in November and you’ve jumped the gun on the whole “the most magical time of the year is here” thing.
Oh well, we all make mistakes.
Buuuuut, I’ll tell you what’s not a mistake…Watching these Christmas movies I’m about to list here below!
Some are amazing with great acting, some a little less so, but in my opinion they are all very awesome and embody Christmas at its finest. These are the movies you watch on those cozy weekend winter mornings or in the afternoons when it gets dark out at 4.30PM.
- Home Alone (1 & 2). Lara is a big fan of these two and so was I at her age. And still am at my age. And probably still will be when I am a grandma.
- Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas. The one with Jim Carey. We watched this probably 15 times last year but this year Lara was a little afraid of the Grinch so not sure how it’s going to go down through December but we’ll see. It’s an absolute classic though and Jim Carrey is fantastic in it.
- The Holiday. Loved it when it came out. Loved it in the years since. And loved it when we watched it on Sunday. Perfectly romantic and full of Christmas magic.
- You’ve Got Mail. One of my absolute favorite movies all year round but especially at this time of the year. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks are just IT.
- Elf. This movie always makes us laugh so hard and I swear the last time we watched it even Lev was giggling at certain points.
- National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. An oldie but a Griswold goldie. Too much?
- The Santa Clause with Tim Allen. I still remember watching this one at the movies when it first came out in the early 90’s and for the longest time it was one of my favorite Christmas movies.
- The Christmas Card. This one is more of a romantic drama so not really a family movie but it’s got that Christmas romance thing going on that we all need sometimes and that’s why I like it.
- Christmas With The Kranks. Another Tim Allen movie that also stars Jamie Lee Curtis. It’s hilarious!
- Serendipity. One of my favorite romances starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale. So sweet and charming and with just the right dose of holiday cheer.
- The Miracle On 34th Street. I looooove this movie. I wanted to show it to Lara the other day but changed my mind because it’s got that whole does Santa exist question in there and I didn’t really want her to start asking it yet. She probably will next year or the year after and I’m really trying to extend that as long as I can. But the movie is wonderful!
What are some of your favorite movies?