This week was quite something. Not only are we still trying to put our place together (there are boxes everywhere!) but I also started a reduced schedule at my job, so I now only work 3 days a week from the office and the other 2 from home. I was a bit wary as to how this is going to pan out but I have a sneaky suspicion it is likely to be very, very good for us as a family as well as giving me the opportunity to focus some more on a few other projects and writing.
I will be able to spend longer afternoons with my daughter on the two days I work from home, which is the biggest +. I, like a lot of working mothers (from what I read & hear), go through serious pangs of guilt thinking I don’t spend enough time with her because she is in the nursery while I’m at work and I’m hoping this will help me kind of ease off that a little bit. My boyfriend has a very hectic schedule as well with lots of traveling, and with me working a 9-5 job we don’t really get to see each other as much until late in the evening. Hopefully this will give us a chance to spend some more time together even if it’s just having lunch or breakfast together in the morning. I know not everyone has the opportunity to have a flexible schedule like this but I’m really, really excited to give this a shot.
So, now that I shared my biggest news, here are a few other things that made me smile this week:
- Snuggling in a 1,40m bed with my daughter. With all the changes lately the little one has been trouble sleeping alone so I’ve been finding myself snuggling with her in her tiny bed. I’m probably not doing neither her or my back a favor with this but when she says: “Mommy sleep here”, I just can’t resist.
- A tiny little Ikea plant that cost 1,99€. I’m not a plant person but if I manage to let this one live, we are going bigger next time. Wish me luck!
- My new Molly Hatch mug. It was on sale and I just picked it up really quickly because we needed mugs but now I’m obsessed and won’t drink my coffee out of nothing else. Mug freak!
- Verbena shampoo. I just did a little post on my hair routine last week and incidentally ran out of my L’Occitane shampoo right after. I went to pick up a new bottle but they ran out so I got their daily verbena shampoo instead, which is awesome. I didn’t even know verbena smelled so good. Even though it constantly reminds me of Vampire Diaries I honestly love the way my hair smells and how soft it is. It’s also a little cheaper than the Aromachologie ones.
- Robert Francis’ “Jungebug” just feels so spring-like, I’ve been listening to it all week.
Happy Friday everyone…