OK, so this post should probably be titled “The Lazy Pregnant Girl’s Beauty Routine” but I have a sneaky suspicion this is the routine I’ll be rocking all summer long so we’ll just omit the pregnant part.
I probably don’t need to elaborate on the title any further but I can definitely tell you that over the past couple of months my beauty routine has been truly kept to a bare minimum (not that I enlisted a glam squad before that either). And lately that minimum has been minimized even more, mostly because 1. I am too lazy to put make up on in the morning (I prefer hitting the snooze button and projecting a bad morning routine onto Lara) and 2. I am too lazy to take my make up off at night (this is usually because I am delirious with exhaustion by the time I manage to get into bed). So, it’s come down to my BB Cream, some illuminating powder, concealer, lip gloss and perfume. And mascara, if I can remember to put some in my bag and put it on in my car on the parking lot after I drop Lara off to school.
Anyhow, the point is during this minimalistic process I have come to discover a few new beauty products that have been true life savers and pretty much everything you need if you’re looking to cut your morning bathroom/mirror time to let’s say 3 minutes and 43 seconds.
- Benefit’s Fake Up – the BEST, and I mean THE BEST concealer I’ve ever used. And I’ve used many, because trust me, my dark circles require it badly. I think the best part about Fake up is its hydrating element because it doesn’t crease the concealer nor does it dry up and get cakey later in the day. It comes in three shades, I used the light one even though I have medium skin just because I really wanted it to brighten up my whole eye area since I haven’t been using anything else on my eyes lately.
- Laura Mercier Illuminating Baked Powder – I’ve had this since last summer and it’s my absolute essential. With this no other foundation is needed for a quick and easy put together look. Of course it doesn’t cover as full on make up would but I think in combination with a good tinted BB Cream, it’s all you need for the summer ahead.
- Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss – I just got this for my birthday and I’m already obsessed. Lip gloss usually dries my lips out but not this one. It’s super moisturising, it goes on really nicely, lasts a long time and doesn’t stick. Plus my sister in law chose the most amazing shade: 51 INSOUCIANCE.
- La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain – Vid brought me this from a recent trip and I love it. I’ve been a bit iffy with fragrances during this pregnancy, my usual perfumes just didn’t smell right to me but this one is absolutely perfect.
- Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion – I got this a few months ago and have been using it religiously once a week to give my skin a bit of a boost and get rid of any flakiness, dirt, and clogged pores. It takes about 30 seconds and does wonders. I’ve never been much of an exfoliator before but this literally changed my whole skin routine.
And that’s that. Like I said, 3 minutes and 43 seconds tops!