- “The Honest Life” by Jessica Alba and/or “The Signature of All Things” by Elizabeth Gilbert – I loved Jessica Alba’s The Honest Life because it’s full of super practical and affordable tips on how to make your life more honest a.k.a more natural and therefore healthier. The Signature of All Things is Elizabeth Gilbert’s (of Eat, Pray, Love fame) latest novel. Set in the 1800’s it tells a story of a heroine who is passionate about botany and eager to claim her place among scientists and explorers with her theories of evolution. The book got incredible reviews!
- Aden+ Anais Latticework Bamboo Daydream Blanket – I mean it it’s Aden + Anais. Need I say more?
- This hand printed cuff bracelet from Thief & Bandit is bound to be a hit with any green goddess. And I say this from personal experience
- I rave about 100% Pure nonstop and that includes this cheek & lip tint. With many different shades to choose from and absolutely zero bad stuff in it, this will be appreciated by all organic glam ladies.
- Growbottle. This stuff is genius! Grow your herbs indoors with this repurposed wine bottle that sets the perfect conditions for hydroponic herb-growing. You can choose between organic basil, chive, mint, parsley or oregano (or get all of these).
- A luxury candle from Neom Organics. An organic scented candle is always a good way to go when looking for a present for your green goddess friend. And this Christmas Wish scent is just what Santa ordered. Who doesn’t love to relax with a good book or a nice bubble bath and a dreamy candle? That’s what I thought!
- Baggu Monogram Dipped Tote. I love me a good tote bag and this one is that much more special because of the monogram options that make it a truly thoughtful and personalized gift.
If you’re ever in Etsy’s neck of the woods (I find myself there quite often) you should definitely check out Thief & Bandit, a gorgeous shop featuring everything from dresses, to jewelry, to house decor. Of course, once you’re there you might never come back but that’s no longer my problem I’m currently going cuckoo over this grey cheetah studded cuff and the pillows, as our sofa could use a little pillow pick me up. They also have a kids shop (caution: if you have littles, this will be the absolute end of you), which includes super cute organic leggings and even cuter dresses. If I could convince Lara to let me play with her hair a bit, I’d probably be all over the headbands as well. Everything in the T&B shop is handmade and hand printed, using organic jersey fabrics and non toxic water based ink so you can rest assured you’re in safe hands (clothes). Enough talk, hop over there and gloat for yourselves…
(Images via Thief & Bandit)
Call me cuckoo but I’ve never used a fruit or veggie wash to wash our fruits and vegetables after bringing them home or before cooking/eating them, whether they’re organic or not. I always make sure to wash EVERYTHING thoroughly but using an actual fruit and veggie soap? Nope.
However, after reading this article about everything that’s on top of our food and reading up on the benefits of washing your fruits and vegetables with a wash to kill of those icky resistant bacteria I think I might just change the way we do things around here.
I’ve heard people even add bleach to the water they wash their produce in in order to remove pesticide residue. And while I’m not convinced of the benefits of adding bleach, iodine or actual hand soap to anything you’re planning to eat, I think rubbing them clean with organic produce wash is a much better option. Just make sure it’s truly certified organic.
How about you? Do you use a veggie/fruit wash?
Since Honest is only available in the US, I’ve found this Bentley organic salad, fruit and veggie wash as an alternative you can pick up on most Amazon sites. Click here for more on Bentley Organic range.
And a little something on how to kill E.Coli bacteria on your produce.
Today’s gift guide features special little presents for all the ladies in your life, whether it’s your mom, your BFF, your sister, grandmother, wife or girlfriend. Everyone is bound to find a little something for that special gal…
- Non-toxic nail polishes Zoya, Butter and Scotch – for the all natural loving gal. Plus the shimmery hues are perfect for the longest night of the year.
- Gorjana Hamsa Bracelet – a simple and delicate gift that will definitely bring luck and a smile to her face.
- Zoe Karssen Sweatshirt – guilty as charged, I have a soft spot for comfy Zoe Karseen sweats and can’t imagine a gift guide for the ladies without at least one of her pieces. Sorry…
- Petit Bateau Knee High Socks – for cozy nights in this winter.
- Alicia Silverstone Facial Highlighter – this all natural facial highlighter provides a radiant healthy glow for most skin types. To complement those sparkly nails on the 31st.
- Anthropologie Monogrammed Mugs – you really can’t go wrong with these. Super cute and personalized, they’re the absolute perfect gift. (Available on US and EU Anthropologie websites)
- Pendelton Robe/Blanket – this super comfy Pendelton blanket will cozy up and bring character into any room. Especially great for cuddling under with a good book.
- Kevia Ring – for a dash of glamour…
- Kenneth Jay Lane Coctail Ring – the oversized bauble will complement any and every outfit. Perfect for the fashionista of the fam or your BFF.
- ASOS Faux Fur Snood – to keep her warm and cozy all through winter. (Available on US and EU Asos websites)
- Tiny Prints Personalized Notepads – for the organizer and ardent note taker, these personalized notebooks and notepads are a really thoughtful gift. And honestly, what’s better than personalized stationery?
- Gorgeously Green – again for the all natural enthusiasts, Gorgeously Green is a simple and efficient guide on how to adopt a greener lifestyle.
Discovering pretty new things is always such a treat for me. I get giddy with excitement and I can’t wait to tell every single person I know. Which is also one of the reasons I started this blog in the first place. To reduce my phone bill.
The excitement is all the more profound when I uncover shops like Uncovet. Hope you like my play of words there. So in order to avoid calling everybody, here’s what gives…
Uncovet.com is a design centric shop that delivers a fresh set of new and discounted products each day that will make you either incredibly happy or incredibly miserable because you will want to buy them all. The selection includes items from up and coming artists as well as established designers so I promise there is something for each and every one of you there. And you’ll love the jewelry. Which is affordable and super cute.
Uncovet.com is very much like another personal favorite of mine and thus equally dangerous, Fab.com, only a little more indie, which I love. There’s an abundance of Christmas ideas too so in case you’re out of those make sure to check it out.
Now if you’ll excuse me I need to go type in my initials for this quirky whale bracelet.
P.S. Style Lemon Christmas guides start tomorrow. Please try to contain your excitement
About Style Lemon
Hi there and welcome to Style Lemon! My virtual universe of all the daily little bits and pieces that inspire me. From fashion and beauty trends to cooking and travel. From stuff for the little ones to reading for the big ones. When life gives you lemons… More
The Latest On Instagram
Shop My Current Favorites
Style Lemon loves...
- A Beautiful Mess
- A Cup of Jo
- Baby Jungle
- Cheetah Is The New Black
- garance doré
- Honestly WTF
- Oh Happy Day
- Oh Joy
- Paris Lemon
- Refinery 29
- Rockstar Diaries
- Salt & Nectar
- Sincerely, Jules
- Sous Style
- Suri's Burn Book
- The Blonde Salad
- The Daybook
- The Man Repeller
- The Pioneer Woman
- Vanity Fair Tumblr
- What I I Like In Life
- What I Wore
- Who What Wear